I recently just returned from a real estate convention in Las Vegas. Naturally at a convention, there was lots of working and networking, but being that it was Las Vegas, my husband and I did have a chance to have some fun as well. You know the mantra already. “What happens in Las Vegas, stays in Las Vegas.” To save my personal brand any tarnish, I will stick to that slogan, but it did make me think about branding. Both professional and personal branding.
Las Vegas has spent millions of dollars on the brand of the city. They want you to believe that it is a place of care free fun. A place to let your hair down and do all the things you wouldn’t necessarily do at home and in your daily life. The city has done an amazing job of this by the fact that pretty much every weekend the hotels are sold out and the restaurants and clubs have big lines.
The real estate brokerage company I work with is about to change their name and their image for that matter. We are changing from Prudential California Realty to Berkshire Hathaway Homeservices. Berkshire Hathaway is the company that is run by Warren Buffet and he is considered to be the most trusted and successful business man in the history of the United States. I could not be more happy to be associated with Berkshire Hathaway and Warren Buffet. I look to live up the brand that he and the rest of his companies have established of Integrity and values.
Over the days and months to come, I want to develop my business brand to you, my friends, family with the hope of becoming your source for ALL THINGS REAL ESTATE. I hope that my personal brand from my interaction with you has shown you a caring person with integrity and values. Someone that you can trust with the biggest investment most of us will ever make in our lives, our homes or refer me over to your friends and family with the knowledge that I will assist them with the utmost care and professionalism.
Below are some great quotes on personal branding that I wanted to share. We need to keep these in mind in our daily actions not just for business but our personal lives as well. In the age of Google and Facebook, we need to teach our children that they are forming their “own” personal brand with every Instagram picture and status update. Once it is on the Internet, it is never going away. (I think I will go into personal branding for our kids in a future post.)
- Your brand is what people say about you when you’re not in the room” – Jeff Bezos, Founder of Amazon
- “All of us need to understand the importance of branding. We are CEOs of our own companies: Me Inc. To be in business today, our most important job is to be head marketer for the brand called You.” – Tom Peters in Fast Company
- “Your premium brand had better be delivering something special, or it’s not going to get the business.” – Warren Buffet, Investor and philantropist
- “Personal branding is about managing your name — even if you don’t own a business — in a world of misinformation, disinformation, and semi-permanent Google records. Going on a date? Chances are that your “blind” date has Googled your name. Going to a job interview? Ditto.” – Tim Ferriss, Author of the 4-Hour Work Week
- “Branding demands commitment; commitment to continual re-invention; striking chords with people to stir their emotions; and commitment to imagination. It is easy to be cynical about such things, much harder to be successful.” – Sir Richard Branson, CEO Virgin
- “It’s important to build a personal brand because it’s the only thing you’re going to have. Your reputation online, and in the new business world is pretty much the game, so you’ve got to be a good person. You can’t hide anything, and more importantly, you’ve got to be out there at some level.” – Gary Vaynerchuk, Author of Crush it!
- “If I lost control of the business I’d lose myself–or at least the ability to be myself. Owning myself is a way to be myself.” – Oprah Winfrey, Television mogul
- “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernhard Shaw, Author
- “Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are.” – Malcolm Forbes, Publisher
- “Be Yourself, Everyone Else is Already Taken”. – Oscar Wilde, Author and Playwright
Thank you for your support and I appreciate you being my partner in my career.
To find your next dream home, click this link for a MAP SEARCH http://borkgrenandco.idxco.com/idx/16016/mapSearch.php
by Nicole Borkgren